Drupal is the hardest yet most powerful open source solution for CMS available now days. It’s the second most used CMS after WordPress. Its free just like other open source option available but normally it is preferred by technical minded professionals having high level of expertise and ready to accept the challenges it offers for a perfect CMS development. Another thing that makes it a perfect choice is that it fits for all kind of blogs and content management portals ranging from simpler to difficult ones.
Some prominent reasons for which drupal is preferred may include;
- It’s available to download free of cost and easy to install
- It’s technically advanced as compared to other CMS solutions and uses less system resources
- Drupal pages have much faster response times than WordPress and Joomla that results in improved performance
- It can be easily customized with different themes and plug-ins.
- It’s best suitable for all websites.
Some limitations associated with drupal include;
- Drupal based websites require some basic programming knowledge of PHP or HTML
- Troubleshooting is very difficult and require technical expertise
- Needs web hosting to run your site as doesn’t provide option of website hosting on Drupal servers
As a beginner Drupal is not recommended but if you if you have plans to expand your services or business and will require more sophisticated features in website than Drupal is the best option.